Accordingly to the notification 1845 / PMO on 16 October 2019 which states that the nine visa service units at the international checkpoints are ordered to close soon.
The nine visa service units are located in these international checkpoints:
· Pang Hok International Checkpoint (Phongsaly Province) à Tay Trang Border – Dien Bien.
· Nam Suoy International Checkpoint (Houaphanh Province) à Na Meo, Thanh Hoa – Vietnam
· Nam Can International Checkpoints (Xieng Khouang) à Nam Can border in Ky Son, Nghe An – Vietnam
· Nam Nguen International Checkpoints (Sayaboury Province) à Houay Konl, Nan, Thailand
· Nam Houng Friendship Bridge International Checkpoint (Sayaboury Province) à Thailand
· Nam Phao International Checkpoints (Bolikhamxay Province) à Cau Treo, Ha Tinh – Vietnam
· Nam Pau International Checkpoint (Khammouan Province) à Cha Lo – Quang Binh – Vietnam
· Savannakhet International Airport (Savannakhet Province)
· Phou Kua International Checkpoint (Attapeu Province) à Bo Y Border in Kontum – Vietnam
Further information please click here
Those who get to Laos via these borders need to apply for the visa prior to arrival at Laos Embassy or Consulate.